Permanent brow tattoos, using the delicate process of hand drawing small tattoo strokes to mimic natural hairs. This technique create crisp, fine hair strokes that fill in thin brows, brows with bald spots, total brow reconstruction and even alopecia. Also called 3D brows, Microstroking, Brow Feathering.
- Avoid sun/ tanning bed exposure for 30 days before and after your treatment, If you show up for your appointment with a new tan or a sunburn, you will need to reschedule and will forfeit your deposit. As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the tattoo pigment with it
- Do not take any blood thinning medication (Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Fish Oil or Ibuprofen) for a minimum of 72 hours prior to treatment.
- Stop using skin thinners (vitamin A, glycolic acids, exfoliation) on the eyebrow area 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- To avoid excess bleeding, no alcohol or caffeine 2 days prior to treatment.
- No waxing, threading, tweezing or tinting 3 days before the treatment. Do not resume any method of hair removal for at least two weeks.
- Please note that you will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
- No botox or fillers 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before touching the tattooed area.
- Keep the tattooed area clean by gently rinsing with lukewarm water, pat dry with a disposable paper towel. Clean the area at least 3-4 times a day. Apply a small amount of product provided after cleaning the area with lukewarm water. The goal is to have your tattoo flake off naturally, rather than form into large scabs.
- You may shower or bathe normally but DO NOT soak your face underwater in a bathtub or allow the shower to spray directly in your face for two weeks.
- DO NOT use soaps or cleansers on the treated area for the first week
- DO NOT use makeup, moisturizer, oil, Vaseline, Neosporin, anti-acne products or any petroleum based products for the first 2 weeks.
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking your scabs can cause scarring.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 3-4 weeks after procedure.
- Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker and bolder in color. There might be slight discomfort similar to a sunburn.
- In the first week, there should be scabbing and flaking of the skin. If there is some scabbing or flaking, do not pick, and allow the scab or dry skin to come off on its own.
- After the darkening and scabbing, your tattoo will soften and lighten. Be patient, even if you think too much color has been lost, as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating.
- Adjustments and touch-ups can be made only after the 6-8 week healing period is complete.
How many treatments are required?
The majority of our clients require 2 treaments to have their brows perfected. Touch up appointments can be made 6-8 weeks after your first visit. Clients with fuller brows may not need additional touchups; however, clients with little or no natural brow hairs, or have corrected work, may need further density added.
After we’ve achieved your desired brow, an annual touchup is highly recommended to maintain the tattoos.
Tattooing while pregnant or nursing?
- As a precaution, we do not perform cosmetic tattooing on pregnant or nursing women.
How old do I have to be?
- You have to be at least 18 or older.
How do I book an appointment?
A deposit is required for booking a cosmetic tattoo appointment. Please call the spa at (206)448-2684